Saturday, November 24, 2007

So This is Love...Or is It?

My boyfriend, Zack, and I talk to each other on the phone almost everynight. We rarely see each other, due to the fact that we are in different schools; him the local high school, and me, a private grade school. Our phone conversations mainly consist of what is going on in each of our lives and how the week went at school. He is so sweet to me; treats me like a princess. He tells me how beautiful I am all the time, and he tells me how much he wants to hurt my ex. (Typical Boyfriend...HaHaHa...) On the weekends we normally manage to go out either to the movies or meet up at gathering at school. During the week, I miss him so much and I find myself day dreaming about him all the time. At the end of our phone conversations, we tell each other goodnight and then-. You know what I'm going to say. We tell each other I Love You. I think we mean it, but is there a way to be sure? I keep reading the verses from the Bible about love. Love is patient, Love is kind...and so on. According to those standards, we are in love. But many people would argue about our age. Not the age difference between him and I, for it is only a year and 30 days, but the fact that we are young teenagers. They don't know what love is. I can hear it now. So, does anyone really know the REAL meaning of love?...Am I in love? So I'll come back again...So This is Love...Or is It?

4 comments:

annette07 said...

Brit,

You have to ask yourself why you say I LOVE YOU. It can be for many reasons: he makes you feel good (emotional), he is attractive (physical), he challenges you for your beliefs and values (mental). Whatever it is you have to remember that the best relationships start out as friends. Regardless of what happens in the future your 'friend' will always be there for you.
I know you have a spiritual belief. The best thing to do would be to pray 'Not my will but Thine be done' and mean it.
Not much of an answer but hope it helps.

Megan Renee said...

Britt,

I agree with Annette.You have to ask why you say it.I hope things continue to go wonderful for you.Sounds like you've got a good guy.Those are a rare find anymore it seems like.Have a great day and keep us updated!
~Meg

Blogger_Girl_24 said...

Britty,

I agree with Annette and Megan. I think you are Zack are a really cute couple though too! Just remember God first and pray hard.

Jason Hunt said...

Knowing you are in love is such a tricky thing.... When you finally find that one person you are meant to be with, you will invariable think, "Gosh, I didn't know what love is!" Hahahaha. Always in flux. You can't really let anyone else tell you what love is. And, though this is not something I say often, you can't even let the Bible tell you if you are in love. The Bible lists a great many qualities of love, but never gives you a "Am I in Love" checklist. I've always subscribed to the view that says that the person you love is the person you would die for. "Greater love hath no man than this: that a man lay down his life for his friend." Beyond that, it's up to you!

And also....I have no idea why it took me so long to respond to this. Sorry! ;-)